Albacore Ceviche with Sweet Potato and Serrano Chile
Chef Jeffery Scott prepared this recipe to be paired with the Vermentino and Roussanne.
- 1 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp aji amarillo paste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 1 lb sushi grade white albacore, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 medium sweet potato, whole and unpeeled
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin, soaked in ice water, and drained
- Whole cilantro leaves
- Place all marinade items in a blender and pulse briefly.
- Place marinade in bowl, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Simmer sweet potato in salted water until tender.
- Let potato cool, then refrigerate for one hour.
- Place diced fish in the marinade and fold until completely coated.
- Cover again and marinate for 2 hours
- Peel sweet potato, then cut into 1/4" slices and divide into 4 bowls.
- Top sweet potatoes with fish and marinade.
- Garnish with sliced onion and cilantro.
Pairs With: Vermentino, Roussanne