VINsider Collector's Edition
For the discerning collector
Since 2003, we have been aging small libraries of our flagship Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel wines at Tablas Creek. Members of the VINsider Wine Club Collector’s Edition have exclusive access to these wines, as well as all the other benefits of being a VINsider Wine Club member.
If you're currently a VINsider member, you can join the waiting list for the Collector's Edition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 805.237.1231 x236.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Because of the high demand and the limited availability of our library wines, we have a waiting list for the Collector’s Edition. We add members subject to available space, in the order in which we received registrations. Meanwhile, waiting list members get all the benefits of VINsider Wine Club membership.
Benefits of the VINsider Wine Club - Collector's Edition
Collector’s Edition members have exclusive access to library vintages of Esprit de Beaucastel/Esprit de Tablas wines that have aged in ideal conditions in our own cellars since the 2003 vintage. Members also receive an increased allocation of our newest Esprit de Tablas wines. Membership in the Collector's Edition is limited, so we encourage you to join the waiting list. Members receive all the benefits of VINsider membership, plus:
- Choose from Classic, Red Wine Selection or White Wine Selection VINsider shipment in spring
- Special 12-bottle Collector's Edition shipment in fall. Members receive the Classic shipment plus an exclusive collection of library vintages and an increased allocation of current Esprit wines
- Receive occasional exclusive offers on other library wines from Tablas Creek Vineyard
- Fall shipment includes a 25% case discount and is shipped at no charge
Fall 2021 Collector's Edition Shipment
The wines featured in the fall 2021 Collector's Edition shipment are:
- 2 bottles of 2013 Esprit de Tablas (A dark, spicy vintage of our flagship Mourvèdre-based red wine; 93 Vinous, 93 Wine Enthusiast, 97 BevX)
- 1 bottle of 2015 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our flagship white from the ethereal 2015 vintage; 93 Vinous, 93 Wine Advocate, 93 Jeb Dunnuck)
- 3 bottles of 2019 Esprit de Tablas (Our newly-released flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the best lots of the blockbuster 2019 vintage)
- 2 bottles of 2019 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our newly-released flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from the best lots of 2019)
- 1 bottle of 2019 En Gobelet (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks)
- 1 bottle of 2019 Syrah (Our small-production varietal bottling of the Rhone's most famous red grape, dark and smoky)
- 1 bottle of 2020 Viognier (Our varietal bottling of this lovely Rhone white grape, delicate and floral)
- 1 bottle of 2020 Grenache Blanc (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California, citrusy and textured)
- You can read full tasting and production notes on the new releases or notes on the library wines from a July 2021 tasting, both on the Tablas Creek blog.
The price of the shipment will be $495 (a 25% member savings off the list price of $660) plus applicable taxes. Shipping is included in Collector's Edition shipments.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Each summer, we invite members of the waiting list to upgrade in waves. If you are on our waiting list, you should look for an email in July letting you know if you've made it into the club. Depending on the response we get to the first wave of invitations, we may invite additional waiting list members. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 805.237.1231 x236.
Manage My Membership
Already a Collector's Edition Member? Visit the VINsider Collector's Edition News Page for shipment details, additional benefits, waiting list invitation status, and more. And, of course, when you order wine online, and your member savings is automatically applied.