VINsider Collector's Edition
For the discerning collector
Since 2003, we have been aging small libraries of our flagship Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel wines at Tablas Creek. Members of the VINsider Wine Club Collector’s Edition have exclusive access to these wines, as well as all the other benefits of being a VINsider Wine Club member.
If you're currently a VINsider member, you can join the waiting list for the Collector's Edition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 805.237.1231 x236.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Because of the high demand and the limited availability of our library wines, we have a waiting list for the Collector’s Edition. We add members subject to available space, in the order in which we received registrations. Meanwhile, waiting list members get all the benefits of VINsider Wine Club membership.
Benefits of the VINsider Wine Club - Collector's Edition
Collector’s Edition members have exclusive access to library vintages of Esprit de Beaucastel/Esprit de Tablas wines that have aged in ideal conditions in our own cellars since the 2003 vintage. Members also receive an increased allocation of our newest Esprit de Tablas wines. Membership in the Collector's Edition is limited, so we encourage you to join the waiting list. Members receive all the benefits of VINsider membership, plus:
- Choose from Classic, Red Wine Selection or White Wine Selection VINsider shipment in spring
- Special 12-bottle Collector's Edition shipment in fall. Members receive the Classic shipment plus an exclusive collection of library vintages and an increased allocation of current Esprit wines
- Receive occasional exclusive offers on other library wines from Tablas Creek Vineyard
- Fall shipment includes a 25% case discount and is shipped at no charge
Fall 2022 Collector's Edition Shipment
The Fall 2022 Collector's Edition shipment is highlighted by the 2014 Esprit de Tablas and the 2016 Esprit de Tablas Blanc, as well as a larger allocation of the newly-released 2020 Esprit de Tablas and five other small-production and library treats.
The wines featured in the fall 2022 Collector's Edition shipment will be:
- 2 bottles of 2014 Esprit de Tablas (A classic, lushly fruity vintage of our flagship Mourvèdre-based red wine; 94 Vinous, 93 PDWR, 98 BevX)
- 1 bottle of 2016 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our flagship white from the powerful, drought-reduced 2016 vintage; 93 Vinous, 96 Suckling, 95 Bargreen)
- 3 bottles of 2020 Esprit de Tablas (Our newly-released flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the best lots of the blockbuster 2020 vintage)
- 2 bottles of 2020 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our newly-released flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from the best lots of 2020)
- 1 bottle of 2020 En Gobelet (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks)
- 1 bottle of 2020 Grenache (Our small-production varietal bottling of the Rhone's most planted red grape, vibrant and juicy)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Grenache Blanc (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California, citrusy and textured)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Patelin de Tablas Blanc (Our "neighborhood" blend showing off Grenache Blanc's brightness and Viognier's lushness)
The price of the shipment will be $512.25 (a 25% member savings off the list price of $683) plus applicable taxes. Shipping is included in Collector's Edition shipments.
Notes on the library wines from a July 2022 tasting are available on the Tablas Creek blog.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Each summer, we invite members of the waiting list to upgrade in waves. If you are on our waiting list, you should look for an email in July letting you know if you've made it into the club. Depending on the response we get to the first wave of invitations, we may invite additional waiting list members. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 805.237.1231 x236.
Manage My Membership
You can manage your membership information in the "my account" section of our Web site. Please contact us with any questions.
Already a Collector's Edition Member? Visit the VINsider Collector's Edition News Page for shipment details, additional benefits, waiting list invitation status, and more. And, of course, when you order wine online, and your member savings is automatically applied.