VINsider Collector's Edition
For the discerning collector
Since 2003, we have been aging small libraries of our flagship Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel wines at Tablas Creek. Members of the VINsider Wine Club Collector’s Edition have exclusive access to these wines, as well as all the other benefits of being a VINsider Wine Club member.
If you're currently a VINsider member, you can upgrade your membership by emailing email@example.com or calling 805.237.1231 x236.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Because of the high demand and the limited availability of our library wines, we have a waiting list for the Collector’s Edition. We add members subject to available space, in the order in which we received registrations. Meanwhile, waiting list members get all the benefits of VINsider Wine Club membership.
Benefits of the VINsider Wine Club - Collector's Edition
Collector’s Edition members have exclusive access to library vintages of Esprit de Beaucastel/Esprit de Tablas wines that have aged in ideal conditions in our own cellars since the 2003 vintage. Members also receive an increased allocation of our newest Esprit de Tablas wines. Membership in the Collector's Edition is limited, so we encourage you to join the waiting list.
- Classic, Red-only or White-only VINsider shipment in spring
- Special Collector's Edition shipment in fall. Members will receive the Classic shipment + an increased allocation of current Esprit wines and an exclusive collection of library vintages
- Receive occasional exclusive offers on other library wines from Tablas Creek Vineyard
- Fall shipment includes a 25% case discount and is shipped at no charge
Fall 2018 Collector's Edition Shipment
We are excited to announce the Fall 2018 Collector's Edition shipment, including by the 2010 Esprit de Beaucastel and the 2012 Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc, larger allocations of the newly-released 2016 Esprit de Tablas and 2016 Esprit de Tablas Blanc, and four other small-production and library treats.
The wines featured in the fall 2018 Collector's Edition shipment will be:
- 2 bottles of Esprit de Beaucastel 2010 (One of our more powerful vintages of our flagship Mourvèdre-based red wine; 95+ Wine Enthusiast, 94 Wine Advocate, 93-95 Rhone Report, 92 Tanzer's IWC)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2012 (Our flagship white from the classic Paso Robles climate of the 2012 vintage; 92 Wine Enthusiast, 92-93 Tanzer's IWC, 91-94 Wine Advocate)
- 3 bottles of Esprit de Tablas 2016 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre; 93-95 Vinous, "Alluringly sweet and concentrated, displaying excellent focus and energy" & 92-94 Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2014 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvèdre, from a classic, dry California vintage; 94 Vinous, 93-96 Wine Advocate, 98 BevX)
- 2 bottles of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2016 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from a great Roussanne vintage; 93+ Wine Advocate, "full-bodied, textural and layered" & 93-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2016 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 93-94 Vinous, "impressive depth ... Lingers with serious persistence" & 92+ Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2017 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California; citrusy but with sneaky lushness)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2017 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc; 92 Wine Advocate, "full-bodied, textural and layered, with lovely balance")
The price of the shipment will be $498.75 (a 25% member savings off the list price of $645) plus applicable taxes. Shipping is included in Collector's Edition shipments.
Notes on the library wines from a July 2018 tasting are available on the Tablas Creek blog.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Each year, we invite members of the waiting list to upgrade in waves. If you are on our waiting list, look for the first set of emails in mid July. Depending on the response we get to the first wave of invitations, we may invite additional waiting list members. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 x236.
Manage My Membership
Already a Collector's Edition Member? Visit the VINsider Collector's Edition News Page for shipment details, additional benefits, waiting list invitation status, and more. And, of course, when you order wine online, and your member savings is automatically applied.