VINsider Collector's Edition
For the discerning collector
Since 2003, we have been aging small libraries of our flagship Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel wines at Tablas Creek. Members of the VINsider Wine Club Collector’s Edition have exclusive access to these wines, as well as all the other benefits of being a VINsider Wine Club member.
If you're currently a VINsider member, you can join the waiting list for the Collector's Edition by emailing email@example.com or calling 805.237.1231 x236.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Because of the high demand and the limited availability of our library wines, we have a waiting list for the Collector’s Edition. We add members subject to available space, in the order in which we received registrations. Meanwhile, waiting list members get all the benefits of VINsider Wine Club membership.
Benefits of the VINsider Wine Club - Collector's Edition
Collector’s Edition members have exclusive access to library vintages of Esprit de Beaucastel/Esprit de Tablas wines that have aged in ideal conditions in our own cellars since the 2003 vintage. Members also receive an increased allocation of our newest Esprit de Tablas wines. Membership in the Collector's Edition is limited, so we encourage you to join the waiting list. Members receive all the benefits of VINsider membership, plus:
- Choose from Classic, Red-only or White-only VINsider shipment in spring
- Special 12-bottle Collector's Edition shipment in fall. Members receive the Classic shipment plus an exclusive collection of library vintages and an increased allocation of current Esprit wines
- Receive occasional exclusive offers on other library wines from Tablas Creek Vineyard
- Fall shipment includes a 25% case discount and is shipped at no charge
Fall 2019 Collector's Edition Shipment
The wines featured in the fall 2019 Collector's Edition shipment are:
- 2 bottles of Esprit de Tablas 2011 (A powerful, low-yielding vintage of our flagship Mourvèdre-based red wine; 93 Wine Advocate & Vinous, 92 Tanzer's IWC)
- 2 bottles of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2013 (Our flagship white from the ageworthy 2013 vintage; 91 Vinous & BevX, 90 Wine Advocate)
- 3 bottles of Esprit de Tablas 2017 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from one of our greatest modern vintages; 97 BevX; 94 Wine Enthusiast; 92-94 Wine Advocate & 93-95 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2017 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from a great vintage; 92 Wine Advocate & Wine Enthusiast; 94 BevX, 93-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Mourvedre 2017 (Our small-production varietal bottling of our most important red grape from an outstanding Mourvedre vintage; 92 Wine Advocate, 92-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2017 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 92 Wine Advocate, "warm blackberries, cocoa, turned earth and dried herbs")
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2018 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California; 91 Wine Enthusiast, "fresh and texturally compelling")
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2018 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc; 93 & Editors' Choice, Wine Enthusiast, "creamy flavors of pineapple and mango")
The price of the shipment will be $487.50 (a 25% member savings off the list price of $650) plus applicable taxes. Shipping is included in Collector's Edition shipments.
Notes on the library wines from a July 2019 tasting are available on the Tablas Creek blog.
The Collector's Edition Waiting List
Each year, we invite members of the waiting list to upgrade in waves. If you are on our waiting list, look for the first set of emails in mid July. Depending on the response we get to the first wave of invitations, we may invite additional waiting list members. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 x236.
Manage My Membership
Already a Collector's Edition Member? Visit the VINsider Collector's Edition News Page for shipment details, additional benefits, waiting list invitation status, and more. And, of course, when you order wine online, and your member savings is automatically applied.