Covid-19 Updates: Reopening!
We have reopened to the public! Tastings look a little different than they did pre-Coronavirus, but we're convinced that we're able to offer a great and safe experience to our guests. The biggest changes are that all our tastings are seated flight tastings, outdoors on our shaded patio, and reservations are required. We'll be wearing masks, and ask that you do too. For more on what a tasting looks like, see this blog post.
Because we are outside-only, we have been affected a few days this summer by excessive heat and smoke. If we cannot open, or have to close early, we will post that here. If we are closed, we will still have someone at the tasting room for Pickup Only 10am-5pm.
Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. Because we're restricted to outdoor tasting by Covid regulations and our capacity is limited, we're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends. That said, it is always worth giving us a call to see if we've had a cancellation or can squeeze in a last-minute visit.
Meanwhile, we can of course still ship you wine, and are happy to bring will-call orders to your car. And we're still offering virtual tastings (see below). Thanks, everyone.
How we will be keeping you safe... and your experience fun
We know that we are reopening in a new environment and are taking a number of steps to ensure that your experience is both safe and welcoming. These include:
- Open-air tasting on our patio. We have a great patio space with several shaded levels, and we've made the necessary alterations to ensure that everyone has their own space. There is good evidence that the risks of Covid-19 transmission outside, with good distancing, are very low.
- Tasting by appointment only, so we can regulate traffic flow, make sure that we don't have people building up in our parking lots, and be sure that we can take great care of the people who do make the journey.
- Plenty of time between groups to clean and sanitize spaces. We want to make sure we have enough time for a relaxed tasting, and to clean and sanitize spaces, with no one having to wait.
- All seated flight tastings. We're offering tastings of six wines, served in two flights of three. Glasses are brought to tables using no-touch carriers.
- No groups larger than six. We want to be able to give all guests personal attention, which just isn't possible in large groups. And the distanced seating arrangements mean we can't safely pull tables together. If you have a larger group, we apologize. We look forward to welcoming you once the crisis has eased. Please note that the limit is six total people, inclusive of designated drivers, non-tasters, and children.
- Face coverings for us, and for you until you're seated. Our team will be wearing face coverings, and we ask guests to as well until seated at their tables. We have disposable masks for anyone who needs one.
- Education and health checks for our team. We're working with our team to help them monitor their own health. No one who is showing any symptoms is allowed to work. We have always granted paid sick leave for our team members, so they have no economic incentive to work while they might be ill.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols. We're cleaning and sterilizing all guest spaces between groups, as well as offering touchless hand sanitizing stations.
- Misters to keep you cool. We know that it could be warm. We have good shade, and we've also installed misters around our patio to make sure that we mitigate the heat on warm days.
- Sorry, no picnicking. Unfortunately, as all the tables on our patio will be used for tastings we cannot accommodate picnicking for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
Book Your Seated Tasting
Join us on our shaded patio for seated flight tastings. Enjoy a structured flight of six wines, offered in two flights of three, with a dedicated wine specialist.
Choose from classic (mixed), all-red, or all-white flights, each including our flagship Esprit de Tablas, small-production wines and winery exclusives. $20 per person; free for wine club members; fee waived with a 2 bottle purchase. Because of our seating constraints, this experience is limited to groups of 6 (including non-tasters) or fewer.
Reservations are required. To reserve, choose your date and time from the CellarPass interface below.
♿ We make every effort to be accessible for all our guests, and our patio has several accessible seating options. You can reserve an accessible table by including a note in the “Special Instructions” section of your reservation, or by emailing us at the contact listed below.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Tablas Creek's tasting room is at the estate vineyard and winery, about 15 minutes west of the town of Paso Robles via Adelaida Road, or about 15 minutes north-west of the town of Templeton, via Vineyard Drive.
Unfortunately, because we're holding all our tastings outdoors on our patio we cannot accommodate picnicking for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
9339 Adelaida Road
Paso Robles CA 93446
Zoom Virtual Tastings
Even as we reopen, we're continuing Zoom virtual tastings for those who can't or aren't ready to travel. We've created a "Virtual Tasting Pack" with four different bottles of our flagship Esprit de Tablas wines for a ready-made tasting, or you're welcome to order any four wines you've been wanting to try (or have on hand). Ask any questions you want of your dedicated host, whether about Tablas Creek, our projects, or anything else wine-related that’s on your mind. To reserve or ask questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 x 233.
Tablas Creek Virtual Tour
Our tasting room is located in beautiful Paso Robles Wine Country, California, at 9339 Adelaida Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, we have moved to conducting all tastings on our patio, seated and by appointment. But you can take a virtual tour of our tasting room and facility by clicking the tasting room image to the left.
Per California state regulations, vineyard tours must be limited to household groups. If you're interested in a tour, please email email@example.com.
Private Group Visits
We're sorry, but for the duration of the novel coronavirus crisis, we are not able to offer group visits. We look forward to welcoming your group of 7 or more once the crisis has eased.