Corn and Ginger Soup
Indian expert Chef Paddy Rawal created this recipe to pair with Patelin de Tablas Rosé
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked potato, diced
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 64 floz stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, onions, cumin, corn. Allow to brown for 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock, turmeric, vinegar, salt to taste, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Working in small batches, transfer soup to a blender and liquify.
- Serve in cups. Garnish with scallions.