Garlic & Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
Rack of lamb has the reputation of being difficult, but really it's one of the easiest preparations there is. With a classic Provençal rub of garlic and rosemary, it's showy and delicious... and a great pairing for any robustly flavored Rhone-style red wine.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 60
- 6 Large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Rack of lamb (8 ribs, divided into two 4 rib racks)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper, then coat with the garlic rosemary mixture. Leave the lamb at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place lamb on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Rotate the lamb and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove lamb from oven and allow to rest on a cutting board, covered, for 10 minutes. It’s helpful to lean the racks up against each other before covering them.
- After resting, slice into chops and serve.
Pairs With: Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel, En Gobelet, Mourvedre