New Delhi Style Butter Chicken with Pilau Rice
Indian expert Chef Paddy Rawal created this recipe to pair with Cotes de Tablas Rouge
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 35
- 2 28 oz. cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 small yellow onions, halved
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp fenugreek leaves (or curry powder)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- For the Pilau rice, cook basmati rice with Saffron. Add green peas.
- For the Butter Chicken, boil and cook the onions along with the cashews in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Simultaneously, heat a medium sized pot, add oil, garlic, and add chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the canned, whole peeled tomatoes. Puree in a blender.
- Puree the onion and cashew mixture.
- Heat a medium sized pot, add oil, garlic, chicken. Sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add the onion cashew mixture. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cream.
- Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the cream and further cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Pairs With: Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel Blanc, Patelin de Tablas Blanc, Roussanne