Pasta with Lobster and Fresh Corn
Lobster is a classic pairing for Rhone whites. This simple preparation will be beautiful with most Tablas Creek white wines, young or old.
- 12 oz pasta
- 1 ½ cups lobser meat in bite size pieces
- 1 cup tender fresh corn kernels
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or tarragon
- 6 oz soft unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Boil water for pasta, preferably short pasta like penne.
- Gently warm corn and lobster pieces in 1 tbsp. unsalted butter. Once the ingredients are warm, cover them and turn off the heat. Then make the beurre blanc:
- Cook the shallots, wine and vinegar very slowly in a small pan until the liquid is almost used up and shallots are soft.
- Remove from the heat for a few minutes, then whisk in the butter, 1 oz. at a time, just until incorporated, but never totally melted. The final sauce should have the texture of thick heavy cream.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions and drain into a deep bowl. Toss the beurre blanc, warm lobster and corn with the pasta and sprinkle on the chopped herbs.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls.
Pairs With: Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel Blanc, Cotes de Tablas Blanc, Picardan