Soft Polenta with Roasted Mushrooms
- 2 cups dry polenta
- 10 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 4 oz diced fontina cheese
- 2 oz butter
- 2 tbsp high quality truffle oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh white pepper
- 1 lb wild or cultivated exotic mushrooms (a mix of chanterelle, oyster, maitake, and/or trumpet would be best)
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Bring chicken stock and cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce to low heat and cook slowly for 30 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Toss mushrooms with shallot, oil, sherry and seasoning. Roast on a sheet pan in a 375-degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden in color.
- Fold fontina, Parmesan and butter into polenta until melted. Season to taste.
- Spoon polenta into a bowl and top with the mushrooms. Drizzle truffle oil over the dish, and serve.
Pairs With: Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel