Ten Minute Bearnaise Sauce
Want a treat for the holidays? Try this with steak cooked almost any way. Bearnaise has a reputation as difficult and showy, but far from being a challenge, this recipe is amazingly fast, and should be endlessly reproducible. Seriously: 10 minutes from start to finish.
- 2 tbsps champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsps dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 sprigs tarragon leaves, minced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Combine vinegar, wine, shallot, half the tarragon, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, and cooled shallot-wine mixture and blend for 30 seconds.
- With the blender on, add the melted butter in a slow stream. It should take you about 30 seconds to add all the butter.
- Add the other half of the tarragon leaves and blend for another few seconds.
- Move to a small pitcher and serve with steaks