Warm Goat Cheese and Potato Salad with Roasted Pinenuts
Chef Laurent Grangien of Paso Robles’ Bistro Laurent contributed this terrific summer recipe to pair with Tablas Creek wines. It's ideal with rosés, but also works well with richer whites or lighter reds. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ lbs. potatoes
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 oz pinenuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Cook the potatoes (with skins on) in water with a pinch of salt until they begin to soften (15 to 20 minutes).
- In a salad bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add oil slowly.
- Peel and dice cooked potatoes.
- Toss potatoes with chives and 3/4 of the dressing.
- Transfer dressed potatoes into an ovenproof dish, cover with goat cheese, and broil for 5 minutes.
- Toast pinenuts in oven until browned, and scatter on top of potatoes before serving.
- Toss remaining dressing with lettuce, and serve with potato salad.
- Pair with Tablas Creek Rose or Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc.
Pairs With: Esprit de Tablas/Beaucastel Blanc, Patelin de Tablas Rose, Dianthus, Counoise, Terret Noir