Warm Goat Cheese and Potato Salad with Roasted Pinenuts
Chef Laurent Grangien of Paso Robles’ Bistro Laurent contributed these terrific summer recipes to pair with Tablas Creek wines. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ lbs. potatoes
- 10 ozs goat cheese
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 ozs pinenuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- Cook the potatoes (with skins on) in water with a pinch of salt until they begin to soften (15 to 20 minutes).
- In a salad bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add oil slowly.
- Peel and dice cooked potatoes.
- Toss potatoes with chives and 3/4 of the dressing.
- Transfer dressed potatoes into an ovenproof dish, cover with goat cheese, and broil for 5 minutes.
- Toast pinenuts in oven until browned, and scatter on top of potatoes before serving.
- Toss remaining dressing with lettuce, and serve with potato salad.
- Pair with Tablas Creek Rose or Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc.