It looks like there was a problem contacting the store. Please try reloading your browser. If the problem persists try contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tablas Creek Vineyard Patelin de Tablas Blanc is a blend of four white Rhône varietals: Grenache Blanc, Viognier, Roussanne, and Marsanne. The wine incorporates fruit from eight top Rhone vineyards in Paso Robles, each vineyard selected for its quality. Like many white wines from the Southern Rhône, it is based on the crisp acids and rich mouthfeel of Grenache Blanc, with Viognier added for floral, tropical aromatics, and small additions of Roussanne and Marsanne for structure.
The 2012 Patelin de Tablas Blanc shows fruity, floral aromas of honeysuckle, apricot and candied grapefruit, with a spicy mineral note emerging with air. In the mouth it's mouth-filling with peach and lemon zest flavors and a creamy texture, but kept fresh by vibrant acids. The finish is long, rich and clean, with lingering flavors of peach and mineral. Drink now and for the next 2-3 years.
- Paso Robles
- 52% Grenache Blanc
- 27% Viognier
- 16% Roussanne
- 5% Marsanne
- 13.3% Alcohol by Volume
- 2900 Cases Produced
The 2012 vintage was a classic Paso Robles vintage, warm and sunny, but with above-average yields thanks to average winter rainfall and the frost-reduced 2011 crop. Despite the warm summer, ripening was slowed due to the healthy crop levels, and harvest at a normal time under ideal conditions, starting in early September and finishing in late October.
All varietals for the Patelin de Tablas Blanc were whole cluster pressed, and fermented in stainless steel to emphasize the clean crisp flavors and preserve the aromatics. Only native yeasts were used. After fermentation, the wines were racked and blended, and bottled in July 2013.
- 20% Tablas-clone Viognier and Roussanne from Paso Ridge Vineyard in the limestone-rich El Pomar region of Templeton
- 18% Grenache Blanc from Paso Ono Vineyard in El Pomar
- 17% Tablas-clone Grenache Blanc from Catherine’s Vineyard in El Pomar
- 16% Viognier from the biodynamically-farmed Chequera Vineyard in the cool Templeton Gap
- 11% Roussanne from the Tablas Creek cerified organic estate vineyard
- 8% Marsanne and Roussanne from Cass Vineyard in El Pomar
- 5% Tablas-clone Grenache Blanc from Dawson’s Creek Vineyard in El Pomar
- 5% Viognier from Hidden Valley Vineyard in the Templeton Gap