Skip to Main Content
2023 Patelin de Tablas Rosé - 3L Box Bottle

2023 Patelin de Tablas Rosé - 3L Box

It looks like there was a problem contacting the store. Please try reloading your browser. If the problem persists try contacting us at

The Tablas Creek Vineyard Patelin de Tablas Rosé is a rosé blend in the tradition of Provence, produced from three red Rhône varietals: Grenache, Mourvèdre, and Counoise, with an addition of Vermentino. The wine incorporates fruit from eleven top Rhône vineyards in Paso Robles, each vineyard selected for its quality. Like most rosé wines from the Rhône Valley, it is based on the bright strawberry fruit and fresh acidity of Grenache, with additions of deeper red fruit and structure from Mourvèdre, spice from Counoise, and citrusy lift from Vermentino -- a white grape that is increasingly important in many Provence rosés.

Since the 2021 vintage we have packaged a small portion of our Patelin de Tablas wines in 3L bag-in-box. This package carries a significantly lower carbon footprint (84% less!) than glass bottles while also offering advantages in preservation, storage, and portability. Each full box weighs just 7 pounds (four glass bottles containing the same amount of wine weigh 11 pounds) and because the bag inside the box deflates as wine is poured out, it will stay fresh in your fridge for several weeks after you open it. For the full background on our decision to be one of the first artisan wineries in California to try this package, see Jason's piece on our blog.

Tasting Notes

A pretty peach color, a touch deeper than most recent vintages. On the nose, vibrant aromatics of fresh nectarine, wild strawberry, and jasmine. The mouth is rich with fruit but dry and bright, with flavors of strawberry tart and salted watermelon, vibrant acids, and a mouth-watering finish with notes of yellow raspberry and rose petals.

Technical Details


  • Paso Robles

Technical Notes

  • 13.0% Alcohol by Volume
  • 1740 3L Boxes Produced


  • 71% Grenache
  • 20% Mourvedre
  • 8% Vermentino
  • 1% Counoise

Recipes & Pairings

Food Pairings

  • Salmon
  • Sushi
  • Anchovies
  • Sausages
  • Fried chicken
  • Mediterranean tapas

Production Notes

Grapes for the Patelin de Tablas Rosé are sourced from six Paso Robles appellations. Three are rich in limestone: the warmer, higher-elevation Adelaida District near Tablas Creek, the cool, coastal-influenced Templeton Gap to our south, and the moderate, hilly El Pomar to our south-east. These regions provide structured, mineral-laced fruit and excellent acidity. The moderate-to-warm Creston, Geneseo, and Estrella areas east of Templeton produce grapes with generous fruit and spice.

The 2023 vintage began with our wettest-ever winter, replenishing ground water and delaying budbreak. It continued with our coolest growing season in more than a decade, which combined with the late start to produce a harvest roughly a month later than most recent years, beginning in mid-September and not concluding until mid-November. Warm, sunny weather starting in October allowed the later-ripening varieties to reach full maturity. The exceptionally long hangtime and gradual ripening combined to produce fruit with deep colors, remarkable intensity, and noteworthy vibrancy. We believe 2023 has all the hallmarks of a blockbuster year.

The bulk of the Patelin de Tablas Rosé is Grenache, supplemented with Mourvèdre, Counoise, and Vermentino to provide some deeper fruit tones and additional spice. 90% of the wine was picked and direct-pressed into stainless steel tanks with no skin contact beyond the time in the press. The remaining 10% was picked cold, early in the morning or at night, then de-stemmed and let soak for the work day to provide some color and structure. After about 12 hours, these lots were pressed and added to the direct-press lots. Only native yeasts were used in the fermentation. After fermentation, the wines were blended and cold-stabilized, and bottled in January 2024.

Vineyard Sources

  • 19% Grenache from Lotierzo (Creston)
  • 18% Grenache from Whalerock (Templeton Gap District)
  • 16% Grenache from San Miguel (San Miguel District)
  • 11% Mourvedre from Dry Creek (Geneseo District)
  • 9% Mourvedre from Nevarez (Estrella District)
  • 8% Vermentino from Duas Terras (Geneseo District)
  • 6% Grenache from Tofino (Adelaida District)
  • 5% Grenache from Hollyhock (El Pomar District)
  • 5% Grenache from Velo (Templeton Gap)
  • 2% Grenache from Beckwith (Adelaida District)
  • 1% Grenache and Mourvedre from the Tablas Creek estate vineyard
  • Downloads: