2021 Patelin de Tablas Rosé
It looks like there was a problem contacting the store. Please try reloading your browser. If the problem persists try contacting us at email@example.com
The Tablas Creek Vineyard Patelin de Tablas Rosé is a rosé blend in the tradition of Provence, produced from three red Rhône varietals: Grenache, Mourvèdre, and Counoise. The wine incorporates fruit from five top Rhône vineyards in Paso Robles, each vineyard selected for its quality. Like most rosé wines from the Rhône Valley, it is based on the bright strawberry fruit and fresh acidity of Grenache, with additions of deeper red fruit and structure from Mourvèdre and spice from Counoise.
93 points; "fresh and textural with an elegant core of fruit and a long,
mineral-driven finish": Robert Parker Wine Advocate (Dec. 2022)
92 points; "Bright thread of acidity and a linear, refreshing finish": James Suckling (Oct. 2022)
95 points; "long and lingering with stone fruits and citrus accents": BevX (Jun. 2022)
Outstanding Plus; "brimming with lovely delicate fruit flavors": Underground Wine Letter (Jun. 2022)
92 points; "floral, with a scent of fruit blossom and red cherry building to a sneaky intensity": Wine and Spirits (June 2022)
91 points; "bright acidity ... red cherry, strawberry and guava favors ... wonderful finesse": Owen Bargreen (Apr. 2022)
A pretty light peach color. On the nose, explosive aromatics of pink grapefruit, fresh nectarine, cherry blossom, and chalky minerals. The mouth is lovely and lively like the nose, with flavors of yellow raspberry and peach juice, vibrant acids, and a mouth-watering finish with notes of passion fruit and white flowers. Electric.
- Paso Robles
- 79% Grenache
- 15% Mourvedre
- 6% Counoise
- 13.0% Alcohol by Volume
- 3150 Cases Produced
Recipes & Pairings
- Fried chicken
- Mediterranean tapas
Grapes for the Patelin de Tablas Rosé are sourced from three Paso Robles appellations. Two are rich in limestone: the warmer, higher-elevation Adelaida District near Tablas Creek and the moderate, hilly El Pomar to our south-east. These regions provide structured, mineral-laced fruit and excellent acidity. The moderate-to-warm Creston area east of Templeton produces grapes with generous fruit and spice.
The 2021 vintage came after a chilly, relatively dry winter, the exception being a single storm that dropped more than a foot of rain on us in late January. The cold, dry winter produced a fruit set with smaller clusters and smaller berries, and yields were down about 25% compared to our average. The growing season was ideal, with each hot stretch followed by a cool period that allowed the vines to recover, and that combined with the low yields to produce some of our most intense fruit ever and our highest average acids since the chilly 2011 vintage. We believe that 2021 has all the hallmarks of a blockbuster year.
The bulk of the Patelin de Tablas Rosé is Grenache, supplemented with Mourvèdre and Counoise to provide some deeper fruit tones and additional spice. 80% of the wine was picked and direct-pressed into stainless steel tanks with no skin contact beyond the time in the press. The remaining 20% was picked cold, early in the morning or at night, then de-stemmed and let soak for the work day to provide some color and structure. After about 12 hours, these lots were pressed and added to the direct-press lots. Only native yeasts were used in the fermentation. After fermentation, the wines were blended and cold-stabilized, and bottled in January 2021.