VINsider News & Updates
The Fall 2022 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2022 VINsider Club shipments, highlighted by the newest release of Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipments. We have several (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, the small-production wine club exclusive En Gobelet, made entirely from head-trained, dry-farmed lots, and more.
The wines in the Classic (Mixed) Shipment are:
- 1 bottle of 2020 Esprit de Tablas (Our newly-released flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the best lots of the blockbuster 2020 vintage; 93-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2020 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our newly-released flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from the best lots of 2020; 94-96 Wine Advocate, 93-94 Vinous, 96 Owen Bargreen)
- 1 bottle of 2020 En Gobelet (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 92-93 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2020 Grenache (Our small-production varietal bottling of the Rhone's most planted red grape, vibrant and juicy; 92-93 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Grenache Blanc (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California, citrusy and textured)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Patelin de Tablas Blanc (Our "neighborhood" blend showing off Grenache Blanc's brightness and Viognier's lushness)
The Red Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to two bottles of the Esprit de Tablas 2020, the En Gobelet 2020, and the 2020 Grenache, includes:
- 1 bottle of 2020 Full Circle (The tiny-production 100% Pinot Noir grown at founder Robert Haas's home in the cool Templeton Gap; 93 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2017 Patelin de Tablas (A library vintage of our "neighborhood" blend based on Syrah; 92 Wine Enthusiast, 91 Vinous, 91 Wine Spectator)
The White Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to two bottles of the Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2020, the Grenache Blanc 2021, and the Patelin de Tablas Blanc 2021, includes:
- 1 bottle of 2021 Bourboulenc (The varietal bottling of one of our newest and rarest grapes, orange and chamomile notes with a long finish)
- 1 bottle of 2019 Petit Manseng (Our tiny-production off-dry bottling of this ancient grape from South-west France, used to baptize French kings)
See photos of the red wine selection and white wine selection shipments on our club shipments page. Full tasting and production notes will be posted soon on the Tablas Creek blog.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card, you can email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 805.237.1231 x236, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipments' costs (Classic: $218.40, Red Wine Selection: $246.40, White Wine Selection: $198.40, each plus applicable shipping and taxes) reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments ship out beginning the week of October 3rd, so now is the time to update your information or request a different ship date. Will-call shipments will be available for pickup at the winery starting September 16th.
Three Ways for You to Experience the Fall 2022 Shipment: In-Person Pickup Party, Live Virtual, or When You Visit
We are excited that we will host a live pickup party, outdoors on our shaded, cooled patios. But we know that not all of you can or will be comfortable joining us, so we have multiple ways for members to experience this spring's shipment.
- In-person Pickup Party Sunday, October 16th. We’re looking forward to hosting an in-person wine club pickup party on Sunday, October 16th. Make your reservation for one of our three time slots (11am, 1pm or 3pm) and join us for an update on what’s been going on, a tasting of the wines in the shipment, and pairings prepared by Chef Jeffery Scott. Reservations required. Email email@example.com to RSVP or call us at 805.237.1231 ext 236.
- Live Virtual Shipment Tasting Friday, October 7th. Join Proprietor Jason Haas and Winemakers Neil Collins and Chelsea Franchi for a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott will join them to present two food pairings, one for the reds and one for the whites. If you'd like to taste along without having to open the bottles in your shipment, we will again be working with Master the World to make tasting packs of 187ml bottles of the shipment wines, available shipping-included for $99. Stay tuned for more details. Packs will ship the week of September 26th.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, September 16th and continuing through Sunday, October 9th, club members who visit the tasting room or tasting patio can choose the wines in their fall shipment as their tasting flight. Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. We're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends. Reserve online here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.