VINsider News & Updates
Spring 2018 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2018 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the 2015 Panoplie, rated 95-96 points from Vinous. It also includes three small-production varietal bottlings, our newest Cotes de Tablas red, and our Dianthus rosé. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red-only and white-only shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Panoplie 2015 (Our elite red blend, based on Mourvedre and available only to wine club members; 95-96 Vinous, "striking interplay of richness and elegance" & 94 Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Roussanne 2016 (A varietal bottling of our most powerful and ageworthy white grape; 92-93 Vinous, "impressive power and clarity")
- 1 bottle of Dianthus 2017 (Our newly-bottled Mourvedre-based dry rosé, rich and luscious; last vintage received 95 points BevX & 91 points Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Vermentino 2017 (The newest vintage of the bright, citrusy grape that we introduced to California; last vintage received 98 points BevX and 91 points Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Tannat 2015 (The dense, smoky red grape that we introduced to California; 91 points Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas 2016 (Our blend that showcases Grenache's lush fruit; 91-92 points Vinous, "an appealing combination of richness and elegance")
- Complete shipment tasting and production notes are available on the Tablas Creek blog.
If you need to your make any changes to your account: update a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 805.237.1231 X239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $209.60, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. For will-call customers, shipments are now available to pick up at the winery. Shipped shipments (unless other arrangements were made) were sent out the week of March 19th.
Red Only and White Only Options
We are excited to offer, in addition to our classic mix of red and white wines (and the occasional dry rosé) in each shipment, options for VINsider club members who prefer red-only and white-only shipments. Like our classic mix, the red-only and white-only options are selected from small-production lots, special blends, and sneak previews.
Please note that due to the limited supplies of our library wines, we cannot offer red-only or white-only options for our fall Collector's Edition shipments, although Collector's Edition members are welcome to choose red-only or white-only for their spring shipments.
If you have any questions about our different color mix options, please contact us at email@example.com or 805.237.1231 x239.
Spring 2018 VINsider Shipment Tasting Party, Sunday, April 22nd
One of the benefits of being a member is the opportunity, after each semi-annual shipment, to taste the wines in the shipment, learn what new projects we've been working on, and spend some time with the Tablas Creek winemakers and team. The spring tasting party is also one of just two times each year that we open the Panoplie! On Sunday, April 22nd we'll be closing the tasting room to the public and dedicating it to our wine club members. We'll ask that you reserve a specific time slot (10:30, noon, 1:30pm, or 3pm) and we'll take each group through the results of the 2017 harvest, our biodynamic efforts, and a tasting through the shipment wines. We'll serve a small dish to pair with the whites and another with the reds.
Attendees also receive a day-of-the-event only extra 5% discount on additional purchases of the wines in the shipment. This tasting is open only to VINsiders and their invited guests (2 guests maximum- $15/person). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 ext 236 to reserve a time slot.
En Primeur Offer for 2016 Esprit de Tablas and 2016 Panoplie
Offering wine en primeur is a time-honored French tradition most often associated with first-growth Bordeaux estates. In outstanding vintages, valued customers are offered the opportunity to secure a limited quantity of sought-after wines at a special price in advance of bottling and subsequent general release. This year, we're offering our top red wines from the exceptional 2016 vintage: the 2016 Esprit de Tablas and 2016 Panoplie. Details on the wines:
- 2016 Esprit de Tablas: Always led by the dark red fruit, earth, spice and mid-palate richness of Mourvèdre, the central question of Esprit each vintage is whether the vintage’s character will benefit more from Grenache’s vibrancy and openness or Syrah’s dark, meaty structure. In 2016, the answer was clear: it was the strongest year in our memory for Syrah, and to 46% Mourvedre we added the most Syrah (31%) we ever have in the Esprit, along with 18% Grenache and 5% Counoise for brambly spice and acidity. The result is a rich, dark Esprit that should drink impressively when young but also age up to 20 years.
- 2016 Panoplie Our elite Mourvèdre-based cuvée, made in the model of Château de Beaucastel's Hommage a Jacques Perrin, Panoplie is selected from the top 5% of lots that come into the cellar each vintage. In 2016, we chose two exceptional lots of Mourvedre to represent 66% of the wine, and added our most-ever Syrah (25%) and just 9% Grenache, producing a wine with both deep plum and currant fruit and an intriguing smoky darkness. Despite the high Syrah content, we find its fruit luscious enough to carry the tannins even in its youth, but also expect it to age effortlessly up to 30 years.
VINsider Wine Club members were invited to order futures at the 30% en primeur savings. Pricing and availability are detailed on this PDF en primeur order form. Orders must be submitted to email@example.com (or by fax, phone or mail) by December 6th, 2017. The wines will be available at the standard 20% VINsider member savings upon their release.