VINsider News & Updates
Announcing the Spring 2020 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2020 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the newest release of Panoplie. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than this one wines. We have a couple of (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, two other smaller-production red blends, and our rich, food-worthy Dianthus rosé. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red-only and white-only shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Panoplie 2017 (Our elite red blend, based on Mourvedre and available only to wine club members; 93-95 Wine Advocate, "very long and full of flavor" & 95-97 Vinous, "superb energy and tension")
- 1 bottle of Tannat 2017 (The dense, smoky red grape that we introduced to California; last vintage was 92 points Vinous & Wine Advocate, "full-bodied, richly tannic, and layered")
- 1 bottle of Le Complice 2017 (The second vintage of the wine we built around the kinship between Syrah and our newest red grape Terret Noir; 92 Wine Advocate, "oodles of savory nuances")
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas 2018 (Our blend that showcases Grenache's lush fruit; last vintage received 94 & Editors' Choice Wine Enthusiast, 92 Wine Advocate & 91-93 points Vinous, "smoothly plays power off delicacy")
- 1 bottle of Dianthus 2019 (Our newly-bottled Mourvedre-based dry rosé, rich and luscious; last vintage received 91 Wine Advocate, 94 points BevX & 92 points Vinous, "impressive length and lingering florality")
- 1 bottle of Vermentino 2019 (The newest vintage of the bright, citrusy grape that we introduced to California; last vintage received 95 points BevX, 92 Wine Enthusiast, 90+ Wine Advocate)
Now is the time to make any changes to your account. To update a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 805.237.1231 x239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $225.60, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments will be sent out beginning the week of March 23rd, unless you make other arrangements with us.
Spring 2020 VINsider Shipment Tasting Party, Sunday, April 5th
One of the benefits of being a VINsider Club member is the opportunity, after each semi-annual shipment, to taste the wines in the shipment, learn what new projects we've been working on, and spend some time with the Tablas Creek winemakers and team. The spring tasting party is also one of just two times each year that we open the Panoplie! On Sunday, April 5th we'll be closing the tasting room to the public and dedicating it to our wine club members. Reserve a specific time slot (10:30, noon, 1:30pm, or 3pm) and we'll take each group through the results of the 2019 harvest, our biodynamic efforts, and a tasting through the shipment wines. We'll serve a small dish to pair with the whites and another with the reds.
Attendees also receive a day-of-the-event only extra 5% discount on additional purchases of the wines in the shipment. This tasting is open only to VINsiders and their invited guests (2 guests maximum; $15/person). Email email@example.com or call 805.237.1231 ext 236 to reserve or with questions.
Red-Only and White-Only Options
We are excited to offer, in addition to our classic mix of red and white wines (and the occasional dry rosé) in each shipment, options for VINsider club members who prefer red-only and white-only shipments. Like our classic mix, the red-only and white-only options are selected from small-production lots, special blends, and sneak previews.
Please note that due to the limited supplies of our library wines, we cannot offer red-only or white-only options for our fall Collector's Edition shipments, although Collector's Edition members are welcome to choose red-only or white-only for their spring shipments.
If you have any questions about our different color mix options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.237.1231 x239.