VINsider News & Updates
The Fall 2021 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2021 VINsider Club shipments, highlighted by the newest releases of Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than these two wines. We have a few (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, as well as a smaller-production blend, our En Gobelet, made entirely from head-trained, dry-farmed vineyard blocks. Details on the classic (mixed) shipment are below; information on the red wine selection and white wine selection shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2019 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the vintage's best lots)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2019 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne)
- 1 bottle of Syrah 2019 (Our varietal bottling of the Rhone's most influential grape, dark and smoky)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2019 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks)
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2020 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California, citrusy and textured)
- 1 bottle of Viognier 2020 (The small-production varietal bottling of the Rhone's most famous white grape, delicate and floral)
- Full tasting and production notes coming soon to the Tablas Creek blog.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 x236, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $216, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments ship out beginning the week of October 5th, but there's still time to make other arrangements with us. Will-call shipments will be available for pickup at the winery starting September 17th.
No Live Pickup Party -- But Three New Ways for You to Experience the Spring 2021 Shipment
As it has with so many facets of life, Covid means that we won't be hosting an in-person wine club pickup party this fall. But we came up with some fun new ways for you to experience these wines.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, March 19th and continuing through the end of April, club members who visited for a seated patio tasting were able to choose as their flight the spring shipment classic (mixed), red wine selection, or white wine selection. Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. Because we're restricted to outdoor tasting by Covid regulations and our capacity is limited, we're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends.
- Virtual Pickup Party. As it has with so many facets of life, Covid meant that we weren't able to host an in-person wine club pickup party this spring. But on Friday evening, April 16th, Proprietor Jason Haas and Executive Winemaker Neil Collins led a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott joined them to present two food pairings, one for the reds and one for the whites. VINsiders were able to download and make Jeff's recipes. The evening is archived on YouTube and on Facebook. And we worked with Master the World to make tasting packs of 187ml bottles of the shipment wines, available shipping-included for $99. There are a few of these packs left if you want to buy a pack and taste along with the video recording. You can purchase your pack on Master the World's website.
- Chelsea & the Shepherd Spring Season. Like we did with last year's shipments, Nathan and Chelsea have dived into the spring shipment wines in the light-hearted way that only they can. Check out their video: Chelsea & the Shepherd Season III: Spring 2021. If you missed any of last year's episodes, they're all on our YouTube channel. Subscribe and you won't miss an episode!
En Primeur Offer for 2019 Esprit de Tablas and 2019 Panoplie
One benefit of VINsider Wine Club membership is the opportunity to participate in our eighteenth annual barrel tasting and sale en primeur of Tablas Creek Vineyard's remarkable wines from the outstanding 2019 vintage: Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. Offering wine en primeur is a time-honored French tradition most often associated with first-growth Bordeaux estates. In outstanding vintages, valued customers are offered the opportunity to secure a limited quantity of sought-after wines at a special price in advance of bottling and subsequent general release. The wines will be available for delivery or pickup in fall 2021.
Although we are unable to host a futures tasting event this year, we encourage you to visit the winery between November 17th and December 7th to taste the new Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. If you are unable to visit and wish to place an en primeur order, you can download a PDF order form here.