VINsider News & Updates
Announcing the Spring 2021 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2021 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the newest release of Panoplie. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than these two wines. We have the newest vintage of our rich, dry Dianthus rosé, three (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, as well as the wine club-only Le Complice blend, which celebrates the kinship between Syrah and one of our newest grapes, Terret Noir. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red wine selection and white wine selection shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Panoplie 2018 (Our elite red blend, based on Mourvedre and available only to wine club members; 97 Vinous, "impressive")
- 1 bottle of Tannat 2018 (The dense, smoky red grape that we introduced to California; 92 Vinous, "powerful")
- 1 bottle of Le Complice 2018 (The third vintage of the wine we built around the kinship between Syrah and the rare red grape Terret Noir; 94 Vinous, "fine definition")
- 1 bottle of Roussanne 2019 (A varietal bottling of our most powerful and ageworthy white grape; last vintage received 93 Vinous, "fine definition and spicy cut")
- 1 bottle of Dianthus 2020 (Our newly-bottled Mourvedre-based dry rosé, rich and luscious; last vintage received 92 points Vinous, "silky and penetrating", 92 Blue Lifestyle, 95 BevX, Underground WineLetter "The best California Rosé I have ever tasted")
- 1 bottle of Vermentino 2020 (The newest vintage of the bright, citrusy grape that we introduced to California; last vintage received 95 points BevX, 94Wine Enthusiast, 91 Wine Spectator, 91 Vinous)
- Complete shipment tasting and production notes are available on the blog.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 805.237.1231 x239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $229.60, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments will be sent out beginning the week of March 22nd, unless you make other arrangements with us. Will-call shipments will be available at the winery for pickup starting Friday, March 19th.
No Live Pickup Party -- But Three New Ways for You to Experience the Spring 2021 Shipment
As it has with so many facets of life, Covid means that we won't be hosting an in-person wine club pickup party this fall. But we think we've come up with some fun new ways for you to experience these wines.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, March 19th and continuing through the end of April, if you visit for a seated patio tasting you'll be able to choose as your flight the spring shipment classic (mixed), red wine selection, or white wine selection. Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. Because we're restricted to outdoor tasting by Covid regulations and our capacity is limited, we're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends.
- Virtual Pickup Party. As it has with so many facets of life, Covid meant that we can't host an in-person wine club pickup party this spring. But we've come up with a new way for our VINsider members to experience these wines. On Friday evening, April 16th, Proprietor Jason Haas and Executive Winemaker Neil Collins will lead a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott will join them to present two food pairings, one for the reds and one for the whites. You'll be able to download and make Jeff's recipes. The evening will be archived on YouTube and on Facebook. We will also be making tasting packs of 187ml bottles of the shipment wines if you want to buy a pack and taste along. Stay tuned for details!
- Chelsea & the Shepherd Spring Season. Like we did with last year's shipments, Nathan and Chelsea will be diving into each of the fall shipment wines in the light-hearted way that only they can. We'll have an overview video ready when the shipment ships out. If you missed any of last year's episodes, they're all on our YouTube channel. Subscribe and you won't miss an episode!
En Primeur Offer for 2019 Esprit de Tablas and 2019 Panoplie
One benefit of VINsider Wine Club membership is the opportunity to participate in our eighteenth annual barrel tasting and sale en primeur of Tablas Creek Vineyard's remarkable wines from the outstanding 2019 vintage: Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. Offering wine en primeur is a time-honored French tradition most often associated with first-growth Bordeaux estates. In outstanding vintages, valued customers are offered the opportunity to secure a limited quantity of sought-after wines at a special price in advance of bottling and subsequent general release. The wines will be available for delivery or pickup in fall 2021.
Although we are unable to host a futures tasting event this year, we encourage you to visit the winery between November 17th and December 7th to taste the new Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. If you are unable to visit and wish to place an en primeur order, you can download a PDF order form here.