VINsider News & Updates
Announcing the Fall 2019 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2019 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the newest releases of the Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than these two wines. We have a couple of (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, and two other smaller-production blends, one each red and white. We think it's one of the most compelling shipments we've ever put together. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red-only and white-only shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2017 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from one of our greatest modern vintages; 93-95 Vinous & 93-95 Jeb Dunnuck, "a beautiful vintage for this wine")
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2017 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from a great vintage; 92-94 Wine Advocate & Jeb Dunnuck; 93-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Mourvedre 2017 (Our small-production varietal bottling of our most important red grape from an outstanding Mourvedre vintage; 91-94 Jeb Dunnuck, 92-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2017 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 91-93 Jeb Dunnuck, "a deep, rich, medium to full-bodied effort that has sweet tannins and terrific purity of fruit")
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2018 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2018 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc)
- Complete production and tasting notes of all the club shipment wines are available on our blog.
If you need to your make any changes to your account: update a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 x239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $208.00, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments began being sent out the week of October 1st (unless other arrangements were made). Shipments became available for will-call customers to pick up beginning Friday, September 13th.
Fall 2019 VINsider Shipment Tasting Party, Sunday, October 6th
One of the benefits of being a member is the opportunity, after each semi-annual shipment, to taste the wines in the shipment, learn what new projects we've been working on, and spend some time with the Tablas Creek winemakers and team. On Sunday, October 6th, we will close the tasting room to the public and dedicate it to our wine club members. Members are invited to reserve a specific time slot (10:30, noon, 1:30pm, or 3pm) and we will take each group through the impact of the 2019 summer, our progress with the 2019 harvest, and a tasting through the shipment wines. We will serve a small dish to pair with the whites and another with the reds.
Attendees will receive a day-of-the-event-only extra 5% discount on additional purchases of the wines in the shipment. This tasting is open only to VINsiders and their invited guests (2 guests maximum- $15/person). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 ext 236 with reservations or questions.
Red-Only and White-Only Options
We are excited to offer, in addition to our classic mix of red and white wines (and the occasional dry rosé) in each shipment, options for VINsider club members who prefer red-only and white-only shipments. Like our classic mix, the red-only and white-only options are selected from small-production lots, special blends, and sneak previews.
Please note that due to the limited supplies of our library wines, we cannot offer red-only or white-only options for our fall Collector's Edition shipments, although Collector's Edition members are welcome to choose red-only or white-only for their spring shipments.
If you have any questions about our different color mix options, please contact us at email@example.com or 805.237.1231 x239.