VINsider News & Updates
En Primeur Offer for 2019 Esprit de Tablas and 2019 Panoplie
We are pleased to invite you to participate in our eighteenth annual barrel tasting and sale en primeur of Tablas Creek Vineyard's remarkable wines from the outstanding 2019 vintage: Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. Offering wine en primeur is a time-honored French tradition most often associated with first-growth Bordeaux estates. In outstanding vintages, valued customers are offered the opportunity to secure a limited quantity of sought-after wines at a special price in advance of bottling and subsequent general release. The wines will be available for delivery or pickup in fall 2021.
Although we are unable to host a futures tasting event this year, we encourage you to visit the winery between November 17th and December 7th to taste the new Esprit de Tablas and Panoplie. If you are unable to visit and wish to place an en primeur order, you can download a PDF order form here.
No Live Pickup Party -- But Three New Ways for You to Experience the Fall 2020 Shipment
As it has with so many facets of life, Covid means that we won't be hosting an in-person wine club pickup party this fall. But we think we've come up with some fun new ways for you to experience these wines.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, September 18th and continuing through the end of October, if you visit for a seated patio tasting you'll be able to choose as your flight the fall shipment classic (mixed), red-only, or white-only wines. Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. Because we're restricted to outdoor tasting by Covid regulations and our capacity is limited, we're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends.
- Virtual Pickup Party. As it has with so many facets of life, Covid meant that we couldn't host an in-person wine club pickup party this fall. But we came up with a new way for our VINsider members to experience these wines. On Friday evening, October 16th, Proprietor Jason Haas and Executive Winemaker Neil Collins led a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott joined them to present two food pairings, one for the Esprit red and one for the Esprit Blanc. For Jeff's recipes, click here and you can make them at home! The evening has been archived on YouTube and on Facebook. If you have questions as you watch and taste, leave them in the comments and we will respond.
- Chelsea & the Shepherd Fall Season. Like we did with this spring's shipments, Nathan and Chelsea will be diving into each of the fall shipment wines in the light-hearted way that only they can. We'll have an overview video ready when the shipment ships out, and then look for a new deep-dive into one wine each week this fall. If you missed any of the spring episodes, they're all on our YouTube channel. Subscribe and you won't miss an episode!
Announcing the Fall 2020 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2020 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the newest release of Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than these two wines. We have a couple of (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, as well as two other smaller-production blends, one of which is our En Gobelet, made entirely from head-trained, dry-farmed vineyard blocks. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red-only and white-only shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2018 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the vintage's best lots; 93 Wine Advocate, 94 Blue Lifestyle, 93-95 Vinous, 97 BevX)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2018 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne; 93 & "Top 100 of 2020" Wine&Spirits; 94-95 Vinous, 94 BevX)
- 1 bottle of Grenache 2018 (Our small-production varietal bottling of the most important red grape from the southern Rhone; 92 Wine&Spirits, 94 PDWR, 97 BevX)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2018 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 94 PDWR, 93-95 Vinous, "impressively long")
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2019 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California; 92 Blue Lifestyle, 94 PDWR, 94 BevX)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2019 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc; 91 Wine Advocate, 93 PDWR, 94 BevX)
- You can read full tasting and production notes on the Tablas Creek blog.
- You can watch our Chelsea and the Shepherd tasting video on the Tablas Creek YouTube page.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 x239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $204, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments were sent out beginning the week of October 5th, unless you made other arrangements with us. Will-call shipments have been available at the winery for pickup since Friday, September 18th.
Red-Only and White-Only Options
We are excited to offer, in addition to our classic mix of red and white wines (and the occasional dry rosé) in each shipment, options for VINsider club members who prefer red-only and white-only shipments. Like our classic mix, the red-only and white-only options are selected from small-production lots, special blends, and sneak previews.
Please note that due to the limited supplies of our library wines, we cannot offer red-only or white-only options for our fall Collector's Edition shipments, although Collector's Edition members are welcome to choose red-only or white-only for their spring shipments.
If you have any questions about our different color mix options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.237.1231 x239.