VINsider News & Updates
Fall 2018 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2018 VINsider Club shipment, highlighted by the 2016 Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc, rated 93-95 and 93-94 points respectively from Vinous. It also includes a library Esprit from a great vintage, a vibrant small-production varietal bottling of one of the grapes we introduced into California, and two small-production blends. The Classic Mix is below; information on the red-only and white-only shipments is on our club shipments page.
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2016 (Our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre; 93-95 Vinous, "Alluringly sweet and concentrated, displaying excellent focus and energy" & 92-94 Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas 2014 (A library vintage of our flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from one of our greatest vintages ever; 94 Vinous; 93-96 Wine Advocate; 98 BevX, "this wine will live for decades")
- 1 bottle of Esprit de Tablas Blanc 2016 (Our flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from a great Roussanne vintage; 93+ Wine Advocate, "full-bodied, textural and layered" & 93-94 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of En Gobelet 2016 (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 93-94 Vinous, "impressive depth ... Lingers with serious persistence" & 92+ Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Grenache Blanc 2017 (Our varietal bottling of this lovely southern Rhone white grape that we introduced to California; citrusy but with sneaky lushness)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2017 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc; 92 Wine Advocate, "full-bodied, textural and layered, with lovely balance")
- We have published full tasting and production notes on the Tablas Creek blog.
If you need to your make any changes to your account: update a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 X239, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipment’s cost of $224.00, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. For will-call customers, shipments will be available to pick up at the winery starting September 14th. Shipped shipments (unless other arrangements were made) will be sent out the week of October 1st.
Fall 2018 VINsider Shipment Tasting Party, Sunday, October 7th
One of the benefits of being a member is the opportunity, after each semi-annual shipment, to taste the wines in the shipment, learn what new projects we've been working on, and spend some time with the Tablas Creek winemakers and team. The fall tasting party is also when we debut the newest vintages of Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc! On Sunday, October 7th, we'll be closing the tasting room to the public and dedicating it to our wine club members. We'll ask that you reserve a specific time slot (10:30, noon, 1:30pm, or 3pm) and we'll take each group through the progress of the 2018 harvest, our biodynamic efforts, and a tasting through the shipment wines. We'll serve a small dish to pair with the whites and another with the reds.
Attendees also receive a day-of-the-event only extra 5% discount on additional purchases of the wines in the shipment. This tasting is open only to VINsiders and their invited guests (2 guests maximum- $15/person). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.237.1231 ext 236 to reserve a time slot.
Red-Only and White-Only Options
We are excited to offer, in addition to our classic mix of red and white wines (and the occasional dry rosé) in each shipment, options for VINsider club members who prefer red-only and white-only shipments. Like our classic mix, the red-only and white-only options are selected from small-production lots, special blends, and sneak previews.
Please note that due to the limited supplies of our library wines, we cannot offer red-only or white-only options for our fall Collector's Edition shipments, although Collector's Edition members are welcome to choose red-only or white-only for their spring shipments.
If you have any questions about our different color mix options, please contact us at email@example.com or 805.237.1231 x239.