VINsider News & Updates
The Fall 2023 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2023 VINsider Club shipments, highlighted by the newest releases of Esprit de Tablas and Esprit de Tablas Blanc. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipment than these two wines. We have a (we think, really terrific) varietal wine, a rosé ready for the fall, the first wine in a new collection, and a smaller-production blend, our En Gobelet, made entirely from head-trained, dry-farmed vineyard blocks.
- 1 bottle of 2021 Esprit de Tablas (Our newly-released flagship red blend, based on Mourvedre, from the best lots of the blockbuster 2021 vintage; 94-96 Wine Advocate, 95-97 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Esprit de Tablas Blanc (Our newly-released flagship white blend, based on Roussanne, from the best lots of 2021; 94 Vinous; 94-96 Wine Advocate, 97 BevX)
- 1 bottle of 2021 En Gobelet (Our blend sourced exclusively from dry-farmed, head-trained vineyard blocks; 95-97 Wine Advocate, 93-95 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Grenache (Our small-production varietal bottling of the Rhone's most planted red grape, vibrant and juicy; 95-97 Wine Advocate, 97 BevX)
- 1 bottle of 2022 Patelin de Tablas Rosé (Our "neighborhood" Provence-style dry rosé, based on Grenache; 93 BevX, 91 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of 2022 Lignée de Tablas Windfall Farms Grenache Blanc (Our first-ever release in the Lignée de Tablas tier, single-vineyard wines from Tablas Creek clones. This lovely rendition of Grenache Blanc comes from the Paso Robles Creston District)
The Red Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to the three red wines in the Classic Shipment, includes:
- 1 bottle of 2021 Mourvèdre (Our small-production varietal bottling of our most important red grape, spicy and meaty, with red fruit; 95-97 Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of 2021 Full Circle Pinot Noir (The tiny-production 100% Pinot Noir grown at founder Robert Haas's home in the cool Templeton Gap; 92 Vinous, 93-95 Wine Advocate)
The White Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to two white wines in the Classic Shipment, includes:
- 2 bottles of 2022 Marsanne (Our varietal bottling of Hermitage's noble white grape, nice texture with a long, clean finish)
- 1 bottle of 2022 Bourboulenc (The varietal bottling of one of our newest and rarest grapes, orange and chamomile notes with a long finish)
Full tasting and production notes are available on the Tablas Creek blog.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 x236, or update your VINsider information online.
The classic (mixed) shipment’s cost of $238.40, plus applicable shipping and taxes, reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Shipments ship out beginning the week of October 3rd unless you have made other arrangements with us. Will-call shipments are now available for pickup at the winery.
Three Ways for You to Experience the Fall 2023 Shipment: In-Person Pickup Party, Live Virtual, or When You Visit
We are excited that we will host a live pickup party, outdoors on our shaded, cooled patios. But we know that not all of you can or will be comfortable joining us, so we have multiple ways for members to experience this fall's shipment.
- Live Virtual Shipment Tasting Friday, October 13th. Join Proprietor Jason Haas and Winemakers Neil Collins and Chelsea Franchi for a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott will join them to present two food pairings, one for the reds and one for the whites. If you'd like to taste along without having to open the bottles in your shipment, we will again be working with Master the World to make tasting packs of 187ml bottles of the shipment wines, available shipping-included for $99.
- In-person Pickup Party Sunday, October 22nd. We’re looking forward to hosting an in-person wine club pickup party on Sunday, October 22nd. Make your reservation for one of our three time slots (11am, 1pm or 3pm) and join us for an update on what’s been going on, a tasting of the wines in the shipment, and pairings prepared by Chef Jeffery Scott. You can make your reservations online. Give us a call at 805.237.1231 x236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for help.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, September 15th and continuing through Sunday, October 8th, club members who visit the tasting room or tasting patio can choose the wines in their fall shipment as their tasting flight. Please note that you while you should plan on making your tasting appointments in advance, we always try to hold spots for wine club members. If reservations for your desired day are full, send us an email. Reserve online here or email email@example.com.