VINsider News & Updates
The Spring 2023 VINsider Shipment
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2023 VINsider Club shipments, highlighted by the newest release of Panoplie. But there's a lot more to this fall's shipments. We have several (we think, really terrific) varietal wines, the small-production wine club exclusive Le Complice, a library Roussanne for our White Wine Selection members, and our newest Dianthus Rose.
The wines in the Classic (Mixed) Shipment are:
- 1 bottle of Panoplie 2020 (Our elite red blend, based on Mourvedre and available only to wine club members; 94-95 Vinous, "melds richness and finesse and finishes extremely long and spicy")
- 1 bottle of Tannat 2020 (The dense, smoky red grape that we introduced to California; last vintage received 92 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Le Complice 2020 (The fifth vintage of the wine we built around the kinship between Syrah and the rare red grape Terret Noir; 92-93 Vinous: "impressive depth")
- 1 bottle of Patelin de Tablas 2021 (The newest vintage of our "neighborhood" red blend based on Syrah; 94 Wine Enthusiast, 93 Wine Advocate)
- 1 bottle of Dianthus 2022 (Our newly-bottled Mourvedre-based dry rosé, rich yet vibrant; last vintage received 93 Wine Enthusiast, 92 Blue Lifestyle, and 91 Vinous)
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2021 (Our showcase for Viognier's lushness, brightened by Marsanne & Grenache Blanc; 95 Wine Advocate, 95 BevX)
The Red Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to the four red wines in the Classic Shipment, includes:
- 1 bottle of Cotes de Tablas 2021 (Our newly-bottled blend that showcases Grenache's lush fruit; 93-95 Wine Advocate: "concentrated, detailed flavors")
- 1 bottle of Syrah 2020 (Our varietal bottling of the Rhone's most influential grape, dark and smoky; 92-93 Vinous: "chewy and focused")
The White Wine Selection Shipment, in addition to the Cotes de Tablas Blanc 2020, includes:
- 2 bottles of Roussanne 2021 (A varietal bottling of our most powerful and ageworthy white grape; 94-96 Wine Advocate: "long, layered")
- 1 bottle of Vermentino 2022 (The newest vintage of the bright, citrusy grape that we introduced to California; last vintage received 97 points BevX)
- 1 bottle of Marsanne 2021 (Our varietal bottling of Hermitage's noble white grape; 93 Wine Advocate; just 250 cases produced)
- 1 bottle of Roussanne 2013 (A library release of the southern Rhone's most ageworthy white grape and a star in our recent retrospective)
For the complete shipments, see our club shipments page. Full tasting and production notes are posted on the Tablas Creek blog.
To provide a new shipping address (an adult signature is required) or a new credit card, you can email your changes to email@example.com, call us at 805.237.1231 x236, or update your VINsider information online.
The shipments' costs (Classic: $246.40, Red Wine Selection: $258.40, White Wine Selection: $212.00, each plus applicable shipping and taxes) reflects as always a 20% VINsider member savings off the retail prices of the wines in the shipment. Unless you made other arrangements, shipments shipped out beginning the week of March 20th. Will-call shipments are now available for pickup at the winery.
Three Ways for You to Experience the Spring 2023 Shipment: In-Person Pickup Party, Live Virtual, or When You Visit
We are excited that we will host a live pickup party, outdoors on our shaded, cooled patios. But we know that not all of you can or will be comfortable joining us, so we have multiple ways for members to experience this spring's shipment.
- Live Virtual Shipment Tasting Friday, March 24th. Join Proprietor Jason Haas and Winemakers Neil Collins and Chelsea Franchi for a discussion and virtual tasting of the wines in the shipment. Chef Jeff Scott will join them to present two food pairings, one for the reds and one for the whites. If you'd like to taste along without having to open the bottles in your shipment, we will again be working with Master the World to make tasting packs of 187ml bottles of the shipment wines, available shipping-included for $99. Click here for details and to purchase. Chef Jeff's recipes are available to download: Overnight Braised Lamb Ragu and Rock Shrimp Arancini.
- In-person Pickup Party Sunday, April 2nd. We’re looking forward to hosting an in-person wine club pickup party on Sunday, April 2nd. Make your reservation for one of our three time slots (11am, 1pm or 3pm) and join us for an update on what’s been going on, a tasting of the wines in the shipment, and pairings prepared by Chef Jeffery Scott. You can make your reservations online. Give us a call at 805.237.1231 x236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for help.
- Shipment Tasting Flights. Beginning with the release of the shipment Friday, March 17th and continuing through Sunday, April 9th, club members who visit the tasting room or tasting patio can choose the wines in their fall shipment as their tasting flight. Please note that you should plan to make your tasting appointments in advance. We're booking up 2-3 weeks out on weekends. Reserve online here or email email@example.com.